Hearty Bacon, Beef, and Beer Chili
- Yield: 10-12 cups 1x
- 2 slices bacon (chopped)
- 1 sweet onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 pound lean ground sausage
- 1 can beer (12-ounce)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 can diced tomatoes (28-ounce)
- 1 can light red kidney beans (rinsed and drained, 15-ounce)
- 1 can dark red kidney beans (rinsed and drained, 15-ounce)
- Toppings: shredded cheese (chopped bacon, chopped cilantro, plain Greek yogurt, avocado slices, lime juice)
- Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium heat 5 minutes or until fat has rendered and bacon is crispy.
- Add onion and sauté 5 to 7 minutes or until tender.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add ground beef and sausage. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until browned making sure to crumble as it cooks.
- Stir in beer, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, and cumin. Reduce heat to medium-low, bring mixture to a simmer, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, cover, and simmer 15 minutes or until mixture thickens and tomatoes are tender. A
- dd beans and cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until beans are heated through.
- Top with desired toppings and serve.