Blueberry Lemon Mini Oatmeal Muffins
It’s back-to-school season so Blueberry Lemon Mini Oatmeal Muffins are a simple recipe to have on-hand for breakfasts, healthy snacks, and lunchbox happies. Each batch yields 24 two-bite muffins so make a double batch and freeze the extras–you’ll be happy you have them on-hand on a busy morning!Bite-sized Blueberry Lemon Mini Oatmeal Muffins make a #healthysnack or lunchbox fave via @holleygraingerClick To Tweet
Here’s a step-by-step visual guide to help make these perfectly poppable bite-sized snack muffins.
- ¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup uncooked oats
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup Greek yogurt (2% is preferred)
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 1 lemon – zested and juiced
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine the flour, oats, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and soda in a medium bowl.
- Combine the yogurt, applesauce, egg, vanilla, lemon zest and juice, and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Pour the bowl with the wet mixture into the bowl with the dry mixture. Mix until just incorporated.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour mixture into a greased muffin pan. Bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick can be cleanly removed from the muffin.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from pan.
For more Healthy and Fast Lunchbox ideas, follow my Pinterest board featuring roundups and recipes from top lunchbox-packing parents.
Pin this image so you’ll always be able to quickly come back to this healthy breakfast and snack.