Hearty Bacon, Beef, and Beer Chili
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 pound lean ground sausage
- 1 (12-ounce) can beer
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Toppings: shredded cheese, chopped bacon, chopped cilantro, plain Greek yogurt, avocado slices, lime juice
- Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium heat 5 minutes or until fat has rendered and bacon is crispy. Add onion and sauté 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add ground beef and sausage. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until browned making sure to crumble as it cooks. Stir in beer, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, and cumin. Reduce heat to medium-low, bring mixture to a simmer, and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, cover, and simmer 15 minutes or until mixture thickens and tomatoes are tender. Add beans and cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until beans are heated through. Top with desired toppings and serve.
Subscribe to Holley’s Kitchen Notes for a healthy dose of food, family and fun!
More Chiles, Soups and Stews!
Pin1 Share Tweet1 Share Yum23 EmailShares 25Join the Shipt team at the Exceptional Foundation’s Chili Cookoff on March 4, 2017 […]Read More ›
Pin1 Share Tweet1 Share Yum23 EmailShares 25Pizza in a bowl? Yes please! This delicious kid friendly pizza soup works in […]Read More ›
Pin1 Share Tweet1 Share Yum23 EmailShares 25 Cold winter weather calls for a warm, rich soup loaded with vegetables like […]Read More ›
Pin1 Share Tweet1 Share Yum23 EmailShares 25 Hey everyone! Hannah here again! Today I am going to share with all […]Read More ›