A week of delicious, easy, and healthy lunchbox meal plans that are perfect for your preschooler or elementary school child with options to modify for a toddler-friendly lunch.
Frances starts school tomorrow so she is helping me debut this week’s healthy lunchbox meal plan. She is actually showing Ellie’s lunch (so, shh…don’t tell Ellie she took a few bites while I was trying to snap this picture).
Now that I’ll be sending 2 lunches each day and because the girls don’t always love the same foods or need the same quantity, I’ll make sure to include any notes on the meal plan. I’ll also include any preparation methods that are friendlier for toddlers. For example, Frances’s carrots tomorrow are steamed versus raw because raw carrots can be a choking hazard.
Let’s connect! Comments and NEW Newsletter
Thanks for following along each week. If there is a lunch you particularly love or if you have suggestions or ideas that have worked well for your little ones, please let me know in the comments below! Also, don’t forget to sign up for my NEW newsletter debuting NEXT MONTH!! (If you clicked out of the popup, just scroll down to the very bottom of the page and there is a place in the bottom right corner to enroll.)
Have a fun short week of school!
Week 3: Healthy Lunchbox Meal Plan
(Note: 4-day week)
As I photograph the lunchbox each day, I’ll be sure to come back and update the post so you can pin or save each one. Also, don’t forget to check Instagram and Facebook for the lunchbox picture of the day.
- Main dish: Ham and cheese roll-up (1 slice ham and 1/2 slice Muenster cheese)
- Fruit: Unsweetened apple sauce
- Vegetable: Raw carrot sticks (For toddlers, steam in the microwave for 1 min before packing)
- Whole Grain: Double Chocolate Mini Muffins
- Dip: Ranch
- Main dish: Nonna’s Vegetable Beef Soup* (recipe coming soon)
- Whole grain: Crackers…(Used pretzels instead)
- Fruit: Watermelon
- Dairy: Greek yogurt tube
- Happy: Sticker
- Main dish: Sunflower Seed Butter and Strawberry Wafflewich
- Protein: Hard-cooked egg whites
- Fruit: Grapes
- Dairy: Greek yogurt…(omitted since they ate this for breakfast)
- Happy: Note
- Main dish: Homemade Lunchable (turkey, cheese, crackers)
- Vegetable: Cucumber slices
- Legume/Dip: Hummus
- Fruit: Apple Spaghetti with Strawberry Apple Sauce* (recipe coming soon)
- Happy: Stickers
And if you’re looking for more inspiration, try one of these posts:
Week 1: Healthy Lunchbox Meal Plan
Week 2: Healthy Lunchbox Meal Plan
31 Healthy Toddler Lunchbox Ideas
Sign up for my newsletter HERE