Cherry Shortcake Skewers
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1 pound store-boughtcake or angel food cake
- 16 cherries
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Cut cake into 16 1-inch squares.
- Thread each skewer with 2 cake cubes and 2 cherries. If using wooden skewers, make sure to soak the skewers in water for 10 minutes before threading to prevent burning.
- Brush cake cubes lightly with butter to prevent sticking.
- Grill skewers over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until cake is toasted and cherries are soft.
- While skewers cook, stir lemon zest into yogurt. Serve immediately.
Simple and fun, these grilled cherry shortcake skewers highlight sweet summer cherries for a light and festive dessert.