Reindeer Marshmallow Pops
Prep Time: 1 hour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips or melting chocolates
- coconut oil
- 8 large marshmallows
- 8 “cake pop” sticks
- 1 fruit strip
- 16 candy eyes
- 8 cinnamon candies or red mini m&m’s
- Melt mini chocolate chips in the microwave at 15 second intervals. Once chocolate is melted add 1-2 tsp coconut oil to the chocolate. Stir until chocolate is smooth and slides off a spoon. May need more or less coconut oil.
- Place cake pop sticks into large marshmallows. Cut small slits in the top of the marshmallow to enable you to push the pretzel “antlers” in later.
- Slice a fruit strip into 8 thin slices. These will be the reindeer’s scarves.
- Using a sharp knife, cut pretzels in half. This may take a few tries. The pretzels break easily.
- Dip each marshmallow in the melted chocolate until evenly coated. Tap excess chocolate off the marshmallow and anchor the stick into a floral foam. Place in the fridge to harden.
- Push pretzel “antlers” into the marshmallow. Place some of the left over melted chocolate on the back of the red candy nose and candy eyes. Secure these on the reindeer’s face. You may need to hold each on for a couple seconds to secure. Add fruit “scarf” to finish.
Say hello to the new holiday cake pop: Reindeer Marshmallow Pops. This festive kid's craft is fun to make and can double as a table centerpiece or guest "goodie bag".