Thank you Johnsonville for sponsoring this blog post!
Afterschool is a crazy time of day for my family. Everyone roars in the door starving and ready to tell me all about their day. Instead of grabbing a prepackaged snack, I like to take advantage of their hunger (and readiness to share!) by whipping up a hearty snack that gets in lots of healthy veggies plus a strong serving of protein. The best part? Thanks to a tasty precooked chicken and the broiler, this snack comes together in less than ten minutes. If your kids are little and only attend school half the day, this also makes a nutrition lunch that can be doubled as needed for sharing.
Sheetpan Chicken Nachos are a clever snacking solution for my Tex-Mex loving family. Here are a few tips to get them on the table fast!
- Make cleanup easy by lining your baking tray with foil. When snack is over, toss the foil, put the sheetpan back in the cabinet, and move on with your day.
- Prep your veggies ahead of time. When you make tonight’s salad, go ahead and chop extra tomatoes, avocado, corn, and cilantro. If you like, go ahead and mix it together, minus the avocado, for easy storage and spreading.
- Slice or chop chicken the night before. My secret to getting enough lean protein is always having a source handy! Having precut, cooked chicken handy means I’m more likely to add it to my salads at lunch or my nachos for a snack.
- Don’t sweat it if your kids snack during prep. If you see tiny hands snagging tomatoes to nosh on while they wait, that’s a win!
- Tailor the spice. Have kids that love a kick? Add a little salsa when the nachos come out of the oven.
Sheetpan Chicken Nachos are a great way to add a healthy hit of dairy, protein, and fresh veggies to your day, plus serving up a hot snack makes me feel like Super Mom!