Slow Cooker BBQ Chuck Tender Roast
- Yield: 8-10 people 1x
- Cuisine: American
- 3 lb chuck tender roast (trimmed)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 sweet onion (cut into quarters)
- Trim chuck tender roast of visible fat. Sprinkle evenly with salt, pepper and garlic powder; gently rub into meat.
- For optional browning, heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Brown on all sides, approximately 2 minutes per side.
- Add roast to 3 1/2 to 5 quart slow cooker. Cover beef with barbecue sauce. Add onion. Cover and cook on LOW 9 to 10 hours or on HIGH 5 to 6 hours or until roast is fork-tender.
- Remove roast and onions from slow cooker. Shred beef with 2 forks. If desired, skim fat from cooking liquid, transfer to a saucepan and reduce by half. Serve alongside beef.