Beef and Butternut Squash Chili is packed with big flavor in just one-pot thanks to sweet butternut squash, smoky roasted red peppers, and spicy chili beans.
The beauty of Beef and Butternut Squash Chili is that it IS possible to make a flavor-packed chili in less than 45 minutes. Of course, you can simmer longer to allow the flavors more time to marry. However, if you’re like my crew, sometimes it is just too hard to wait!
When I cook, I take as many shortcuts as possible to make my meal quickly while ensuring that it is flavor packed. Thankfully, this fall-flavored chili allows me to do just that! Many ingredients can be purchased pre-chopped to save on prep time. Plus, there is plenty of room for substitutions so that you can use ingredients that you have on-hand. Check out some of my clever tips below…
Clever Shortcuts for Beef and Butternut Squash Chili
With 2 little ones, I understand that sometimes taking shortcuts is key to dinnertime success. Here are a few ways that you can do a little prep ahead to make this butternut squash chili come together even faster:
- Purchase precut butternut squash cubes or frozen butternut squash cube.
- Prep your ingredients ahead. Cube butternut squash, chop onions, and drain beans, peppers and chilis. (If needed, here’s a great tutorial for cubing butternut squash.)
- Make a double batch and freeze leftovers in 1-2 cup servings so it is easy to grab and reheat a serving or two of chili on a busy weeknight.
- Sub ground turkey, ground chicken, meatless soy crumbles or ground pork for beef, if desired.
- If you like a thinner chili, add a bottle of beer to the mix for a boost of flavor. Don’t worry, the alcohol will cook out as the soup simmers.
Love this chili? Let me know if you try it by rating and leaving a comment. Want to remember it forever? Pin the image below!!