Reindeer Marshmallow Pops
Say hello to the new holiday cake pop: Reindeer Marshmallow Pops. This festive kid’s craft is fun to make and can double as a table centerpiece or guest “goodie bag.”
Can you believe it’s already December? It feels like just yesterday we were starting school and now Christmas break is coming up. What are you doing with the kiddos over the break? The girls love helping me in the kitchen. These Reindeer Marshmallow Pops are a fun way to include them in the Holiday festivities.
This marshmallow skewer recipe will take a little prep work from the teens or adults. The younger ones can place the marshmallows on the sticks and dip ’em in chocolate.
Trust me, you’re going to want to pin this reindeer marshmallow pop craft idea!
Reindeer Marshmallow Pops Recipe
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips or melting chocolates
- coconut oil
- 8 large marshmallows
- 8 “cake pop” sticks
- 1 fruit strip
- 16 candy eyes
- 8 cinnamon candies or red mini m&m’s
- Melt mini chocolate chips in the microwave at 15 second intervals. Once chocolate is melted add 1-2 tsp coconut oil to the chocolate. Stir until chocolate is smooth and slides off a spoon. May need more or less coconut oil.
- Place cake pop sticks into large marshmallows. Cut small slits in the top of the marshmallow to enable you to push the pretzel “antlers” in later.
- Slice a fruit strip into 8 thin slices. These will be the reindeer’s scarves.
- Using a sharp knife, cut pretzels in half. This may take a few tries. The pretzels break easily.
- Dip each marshmallow in the melted chocolate until evenly coated. Tap excess chocolate off the marshmallow and anchor the stick into a floral foam. Place in the fridge to harden.
- Push pretzel “antlers” into the marshmallow. Place some of the left over melted chocolate on the back of the red candy nose and candy eyes. Secure these on the reindeer’s face. You may need to hold each on for a couple seconds to secure. Add fruit “scarf” to finish.
* Tip: To help prevent the large marshmallow from slipping down the stick place a small marshmallow or a large marshmallow cut into small pieces underneath.
* Tip: Floral foam works great to hold the sticks.
Like ’em? Pin ’em!
What More Holiday Recipes?
Pin1 Share1 Tweet Share Yum3 EmailShares 5Serve an easy holiday side dish that’s loaded with bright seasonal flavor. This salty […]Read More ›
Pin1 Share1 Tweet Share Yum3 EmailShares 5Serve the most elegant, delicious, and (shh… easy!) dessert in the room: Pear Galette […]Read More ›
Pin1 Share1 Tweet Share Yum3 EmailShares 5Say hello to the new holiday cake pop: Reindeer Marshmallow Pops. This festive kid’s […]Read More ›